Welcome to the New
Black Arachknight Internet Comic Book Library and Store
This auction is for Marvel Modern Age-Wizard Paperback #158
All comics are mailed with boards for protection
An auction stating bagged and boarded means that the individual comic book will have a comic book board and bag
An auction stating bagged will NOT have a comic book board but will be mailed between two boards
Comic Book Grades Explained
Comic book grading is based on a score of 0 through 10:
0-1.5 = poor to good minus-Worn, torn, stained, tape repaired, written on, cover loose, rusted staples, heavy creasing..(READER COPY)
2.0-3.5 = fair to very good minus-good comic should at least be solid, readable, and relatively presentable.Most of the faults found on poor comic books can apply. There should be a few less of them.(READER COPY)
- 4.0-5.5 = very good to fine minus-Very good comics still look well-read.This is the worst grade when it's acceptable to see tape repairs.(READER COPY)
- 6.0-7.5 = fine to very fine minus-For most "serious" collectors, fine is the lowest acceptable grade.While there can be wear, some minor creasing and other faults, a fine comic book usually has most of its cover gloss, and looks pretty nice at first glance.It's more the sum of small faults (or one major one) that brings this book down from a higher grade.
- 8.0 = very fine-Generally a very fine comic either is a near mint, with one nasty fault bringing it down, or a near mint, with a few minor faults bringing it down.
- 8.5 = very fine plus-9.0 = very fine/near mint-Most near mint minus comic books have just one small fault bringing them down. Perhaps a patch of wear on a front cover edge, perhaps one corner creased and breaking color.
- 9.2 = near mint minus-The most common fault at near mint is color breaking spine stress.That, or a small, small corner crease.Anything that breaks color is going to prevent this book from getting to 9.4 or higher.
- 9.4 = near mint-The tiniest spine stress takes you down 0.2. A fingerprint on an otherwise perfect gloss, or any gloss wear on the spine, takes it down from mint.
- 9.6 = near mint plus-The cover should be more or less perfect, with no breaks in the cover gloss.
- 9.8 = near mint to mint
- 9.9 = mint
- 10.0 = gem mint
We combine shipping.
We ship Flat rate UPS to All 50 states and US Territories